It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 06:30 AM   #1
(male)

scott1965 HB User
Lightheaded and lower back ache

I can't figure out why I keep getting lightheaded. It's happened 2 or 3 times in the last 2 weeks. One time when I was sitting in our vehicle, I just happened to turn my head to the side. It happened again this morning, when I was standing up and happened to look down. And again while I was getting my hair cut.

Also, I've been having a mild backache the last few days. I thought it might be inner ear infection, since I've had that before. But, I became really lightheaded this morning while simply sitting. I had some mild nausea at the same time.

I came back to work and had something to eat, and it seemed to help---although maybe that was just a coincidence.

Any ideas what it could be? I don't know whether to see my doctor or not. They say that millions of people see doctors everyday for common lightheadedness and dizziness, and most of the time, there's nothing they can do anyway. Also, I'm not diabetic.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Lightheaded and lower back ache

If you are experiencing lightheadness on a frequent basis and your post sounds like that is the case, than you need to see your doctor so that he/she may perform some tests. Good chance it is nothing, however, even if it is something, it may be something that is easy to fix. I am sure by seeing you doctor, this will in itself put your mind to rest.

I hope you are feeling better soon.
Keep us posted on how you are feeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #3
(male)

scott1965 HB User
Re: Lightheaded and lower back ache

I went to the doctor this morning, and she said that it was most likely inner ear infection---and it's viral, so there's nothing she can do except let it run its course.

She did prescribe meclazine (sp?) for the dizziness and vertigo until it clears up, which she said can take 2 weeks to 2 months. The drugstore was OUT this morning---they should have more in this PM. Which makes me wonder if this inner ear thing is going around...?

Closed Thread