It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
(female)

Amanda06 HB User
Leg Pain related to Blood-Clot or Nerve under the skin?

Hi:
I have been sufferring from 'leg-pain,' around upper-part of my left leg for years. Recently, it's really bothering me, for that I consulted on my Neurologist who told me that I have 'never-pain' right under the skin. Name for that, I can not recall, ... but it's related to surface-skin.

Meds. works pretty well on my 'acute' and sometimes 'intolerable' leg pain. For that, I feel very thanksful, however in reading a local paper yesterday. ... if you have leg-pain, it might also have 'blood-clot.' I have a very healthy-heart, but this article worrys me significantly.

If anyone have any ideas on 'leg-pain' that somehow related to 'blood-clot' would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Leg Pain related to Blood-Clot or Nerve under the skin?

I don't know Amanda, but I am wondering the same thing. I have leg pain now and then in my left leg. I happen to have a vericose vein that I would like removed because all I think about is....could I develope a blood clot there? But I am too chicken to have the surgery. I had it scheduled a couple of years ago then cancelled it. I haven't gone back yet. Maybe someone will leave us a message.

Last edited by TEdds83; 09-18-2008 at 07:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 10:20 PM   #3
(female)

reindeerc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda06 View Post
Hi:
I have been sufferring from 'leg-pain,' around upper-part of my left leg for years. Recently, it's really bothering me, for that I consulted on my Neurologist who told me that I have 'never-pain' right under the skin. Name for that, I can not recall, ... but it's related to surface-skin.

Meds. works pretty well on my 'acute' and sometimes 'intolerable' leg pain. For that, I feel very thanksful, however in reading a local paper yesterday. ... if you have leg-pain, it might also have 'blood-clot.' I have a very healthy-heart, but this article worrys me significantly.

If anyone have any ideas on 'leg-pain' that somehow related to 'blood-clot' would be greatly appreciated.
I had a number of blood clots in my legs due to medical vein disease. Believe me if you have a blood clot you know it. It is warm to the touch, red, hurts if touched and feels like a bump that is not able to be moved. A dvt clot is a different pain. All the sudden your leg becomes very hard and painful. Hope that helps.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
(female)

reindeerc HB User

I had the surgery. It isn't that bad. I am one of the 2% the procedure did not work for so I am going back in next week for another ultrasound of my legs to see whats going on.

Closed Thread