It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
(female)

denise battle HB User
why does my leg feel like it has water running down in it?

why does my leg feel like it has water running down in it?

Old 09-28-2008, 05:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: why does my leg feel like it has water running down in it?

Often this is caused by a back problem pinched nerves or disc problems

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
(female)

StephMA HB User

How old are you? Do you have other symptoms? Similar symtoms in other parts of hte body. Sometimes patients with multiple sclerosis or other nerve issues describe feelings of 'tingling' or 'muddiness' or 'crawling' ... running water may be a similar sensation.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
(female)

stormonto57 HB User

I have this symptom of MS, I have had the feeling of hot water running down my right leg and it was very painful. My consultant prescribed Gabapentin which has sorted it out. I have to take it all the time or it comes back but I don't mind as long as I haven't got that horrible feeling.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #5
(female)

alikat709 HB User

I have this sensation in my left leg often. I always chalk it up to my abnormal thyroid levels. I also get fluid in the shin area of my leg too.
Which is one of the many symptoms of hypothyroid.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

I'm sorry that you had that happen but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one. I started experiencing this within the last couple of weeks. It might have happened about 4 or 5 times so far and it only lasts for a few seconds. It seems so real that I always reach down and touch my lower leg to see if there's any water there.

One possible cause: I have read that large doses of B6 and B12 taken together can cause neuropathy. I do take a B complex tablet that contains both B6 and B12 but it's just enough to meet the RDA. My soymilk is also fortified with B12 but it's not a large amount either. Other than that, I have no idea.

But at least it hasen't happened for a few days now. How often does it happen to you and how long does it last?

Old 09-24-2009, 11:17 PM   #7
(female)

palmtreezz HB User
Question Re: why does my leg feel like it has water running down in it?

a couple of years ago I would get the sensation that hot water was being poured on top of my foot. Now I keep getting it down the back of my left leg. Anywhere in between mid thigh and ankle. I too, think it feels so real you reach down to see if you are wet. Doctor looked at me like I was crazy when I described it, then just went on as if I hadn't brought it up.
Does anyone know what causes this? I see a lot of theories on here and hope one is correct or someone has more info on it. Thank you.

Me= breast cancer at 40, hysterectomy, overweight, taking Femara for 5 years, & 2 high blood pressure meds. If any of this is relevant please let me know.

Closed Thread