It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
(male)

Jerry1985 HB User
What causes tightness in the head?

For more than 6 years I've had constant tightness along the left side of my head/forehead and have had a ct scan of my spine, x-rays of my jaw and neck and an mri of my brain to try to find out what has been causing it.

I tried the muscle relaxant 'endep 10' for a few weeks last year and also diazepam for a week earlier this year. Now my doctor has put me on 150mg each day of Deptran - Doxepin tablets as he suggested that maybe dental work I had when I was younger where my jaw was opened over a period of time could have caused the long term tightness I feel along the left side of my head/forehead. Apparently the doxepin tablets work by stimulating the 'neurotransmitters' (is that right, so the neurotransmitters not working right could be causing the tightness)?

I feel like the doxepin tablets have made the tightness feel different (hopefully this isn't the placebo effect talking) though I'm increasingly skeptic about whether this will work because my tightness still remains.

I was just wondering, what other possible causes could there be for the long term tightness I have in the left side of my head/forehead? Am i missing something? Will the doxepin work?

Old 10-27-2008, 02:05 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Benit HB User
Re: What causes tightness in the head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1985 View Post
I tried the muscle relaxant 'endep 10' for a few weeks last year and also diazepam for a week earlier this year. Now my doctor has put me on 150mg each day of Deptran - Doxepin tablets as he suggested that maybe dental work I had when I was younger where my jaw was opened over a period of time could have caused the long term tightness I feel along the left side of my head/forehead. Apparently the doxepin tablets work by stimulating the 'neurotransmitters' (is that right, so the neurotransmitters not working right could be causing the tightness)?

I feel like the doxepin tablets have made the tightness feel different (hopefully this isn't the placebo effect talking) though I'm increasingly skeptic about whether this will work because my tightness still remains.

I was just wondering, what other possible causes could there be for the long term tightness I have in the left side of my head/forehead? Am i missing something? Will the doxepin work?
I don't see how a tricyclic antidepressant like Doxepin could help IF your symptoms are caused by dental work you had when you were younger. If the symptoms are caused by anxiety, then it might help.

I know that Wellbutrin is sometimes used for migraines, but I fail to see the connection here...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread