It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2008, 06:05 AM   #1
(female)

KDD 26 HB User
Ear Ache and Pain in Mouth

I went to the doctor yesturday because of a really bad ear ache. She took a look in my ear and said there was a lot of fluid built up. She understood why I am in so much pain. I know that can be felt in the upper teeth, but I am having the same pressure in my lower teeth. It really only hurts when my ear starts throbbing. Can all that fluid also be causing the pressure in my lower teeth and gums?

Thanks
KDD

Last edited by KDD 26; 10-28-2008 at 06:26 AM. Reason: added info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User
Re: Ear Ache and Pain in Mouth

Hello, KDD . . . it has been my personal experience that sinus pressure causes pain in upper teeth, and ear and tonsil pressure causes pain in lower teeth, especially molars. The reverse can be true, also. If you have cavities and/or abscesses, the pain can go to the sinuses, ears and tonsils.

I have found that after three or four days on antibiotics for sinus infection, the pain in the teeth usually goes away. If you still have problems when your antibiotics are done, you should let your doctor know.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

Lindaru

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Lindaru is right. The pressure can go from the top down around to your bottom teeth and make your entire mouth hurt like th dickens. Especially the back molars. It should clear up after a few days on antibiotics or steriods. Keep on them and if they don't work be sure to let your doctor know....

Old 10-31-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
(male)

pjs009 HB User

It's most likely otitis media - just an ear infection/ear ache on the other side of the ear drum. Did she give you antibiotics? It's interesting, one of the nerves that supplies your ear also innervates parts of your mouth, and your sense of taste. That's why people tend to lose sense of taste when they get a sinus/ear infection.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:54 AM   #5
(female)

KDD 26 HB User

Yeah I got antibiotics. I have had them since Monday and they don't really seem to be helping with the ear pain. My sinuses are starting to get better, but the ear is not.

I have a feeling that storm we had on Tuesday did not help. We lost power for a few days and it was really cold.

Thanks everyone
KDD

Old 11-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #6
(male)

pjs009 HB User

Just curious, what antibiotic did they give you?

Old 11-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #7
(female)

KDD 26 HB User

Amoxicillan 875mg

Closed Thread