It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mochi* HB Usermochi* HB User
hot flashes without menopause?

Hi,
I am a 28 year old woman and for the past week have been having intense "hot flashes" for no reason. It;s particularly bad at night, and I should mention that I have anxiety/depression and fatigue, and for the past year or so I have gotten these hot flashes?night sweats whenever I am extremely stressed or have my period. What is the deal? Could it be something else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Re: hot flashes without menopause?

I am only 37 and i have been dealing with this also for the last couple of years. I get them close to my period time or if i am really stressed. I am a hyphchondriac and suffer from anxiety everyday. I have been told it is my hormones.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2008, 11:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

You seem very young for even perimenopause, but I suppose it's a possibility. Are you on any sort of medication? I take Zoloft for depression/anxiety and it seemed to trigger hot flashes. Are you on birth control pills? Sometimes a switch to another type can settle down the hormones. I think you should have a visit with your gynocologist At your young age I'm sure there's help for you. Let us know!
Soibhan

Old 11-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

The sympathetic nervous system is most likely causing your misery. Many things can trigger the sympathetic nervous system and hotflashes, sweats, etc. are some of the symptoms.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

mochi* HB Usermochi* HB User

I have heard of the sympoathetic nervous system before, but could you tell me more.
I'm doubtful that I am pre-menopausal already, at least I hope not.
I have been through a fantastic amount of stress/anxiety/depression in the last 5 years, so it could be that as well. But why then is it sugnificantly worse around my period?

Old 11-13-2008, 06:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

For the sake of those who read these posts (and who don't post)I will say that men, women, and children of all ages can experience "hot flashes"...not just women of menopausal age. One condition in which "hot flashes" is a symptom is Lyme Disease.

I might also mention that women who have been diagnosed with Lyme disease, for whatever the reason, seem to have more symptoms (whatever they may be) around the time of their menstrual period.

Closed Thread