It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
(male)

Dinglebell HB User
Jones Fracture recovery?

I had a Jones fracture on the fifth metertarsal of my left foot sustained during football training almost eight months ago. I was put into a cast for 6 weeks and told to rest it for a further two months which i did and all seemed well. That was until two months ago when i was again training and felt the bone snap again! I went to the hospital and it was revealed i had broken it again in the same place. This time i was placed in a plaster cast for four weeks in which time the bone hadnt healed and now a removable walking boot.

My foot feels much better when i remove the boot but im scared of the fracture snapping again when i return to sport. I am very active and play football up to four times a week.

After all that my question is does anyone have any advice in how to rehabilitate my foot or any precations to take to stop the injury reoccuring (besides not playing football)?

Thanx

Closed Thread