It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

stormonto57 HB User
Anyone here got Poland's syndrome.

Hi has anyone here got Poland's syndrome? how has it affected your life? I have it and it's taken 40 years to be able to talk about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
(female)

2toe HB User
Re: Anyone here got Poland's syndrome.

I have Poland Syndrome. I was born with no right pectoral muscle and no Right breast (just nipple). My parents had a plastic surgeon operate on me in 1974. The operation was a complete failure because once the doctor opened me up he realized that he did not know what he was doing. Two years later we found a knowledgeable surgeon who inserted an implant. I have since had several replacements. I have been married for 30 years and have three grown boys. My breasts are very uneven but I am not sure that I care all that much anymore.
Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
(female)

stormonto57 HB User

Thanks 2toe for a long time I thought I was the only one with this problem.

Last edited by stormonto57; 11-04-2009 at 07:47 AM.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:41 AM   #4
(female)

stormonto57 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2toe View Post
I have Poland Syndrome. I was born with no right pectoral muscle and no Right breast (just nipple). My parents had a plastic surgeon operate on me in 1974. The operation was a complete failure because once the doctor opened me up he realized that he did not know what he was doing. Two years later we found a knowledgeable surgeon who inserted an implant. I have since had several replacements. I have been married for 30 years and have three grown boys. My breasts are very uneven but I am not sure that I care all that much anymore.
Hope this helps.
Thanks 2toe for many years I thought I was the only one with this problem cos no one talks about it. I have never had surgery, my right breast is much smaller than my left and I have thought about surgery but have never had the courage to see a doctor about it. My husband thinks I should just live with it as it doesn't bother him, I'm 52 now so should probably listen to him. I have 3 grown up daughters and they don't have this problem (thank God). Best wishes.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #5
(female)

2toe HB User

This is an easy procedure to have done and it is covered by most insurance.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
(male)

frogger6 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormonto57 View Post
Hi has anyone here got Poland's syndrome? how has it affected your life? I have it and it's taken 40 years to be able to talk about it.
Yes, I do.
My parents never mentioned it to me, but I always wondered why I had no pec muscle on the right side.
When I became an adult and went to Dr.s myself for other reasons, none of them knew what it was.
I kind of figured it out on my own.
Being a guy, I guess I'm not as bad off as females, butit has affected my life - that is for sure.
I cat really work out, as one side will be bigger than the other. ..and i have to be sure to stay skinny for the same reason. It isnt really obvious right away except one nipple looks slightly higher.

Closed Thread