It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
(male)

Bocks HB User
Thumbs down Sudden widespread joint pain

Hey. About a week ago my left wrist started to get quite achey and would often crack lightly when I was working (I'm a sculptor). I thought it might have been repetitive strain injury, and I got myself a wrist support for it and took it easy. However, a few days later my other wrist started to ache in the same way, and my elbows, knees, ankles and shoulders soon joined them. I have no idea what's caused this sudden and spontaneous joint discomfort. My wrists, fingers and albows ache chronically, and often crack when I pick things up or twist the joint. I've also been getting very tired along with it, but I don't know if this is related. Any ideas?

Old 11-27-2008, 02:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: Sudden widespread joint pain

My daughter has the same symptoms in her knees and hips. They flare up from time to time. She has no health ins so the doctor she saw did not run any tests, but was concerned that it might be Lupus. She's only 25 so she found a health plan that starts next month. The symptoms went away, but with Lupus, the symptoms can come and go. She was also very tired during that time. We are afraid if it is Lupus, that the ins co will want to consider it a pre-existing condition so when she sees the doc on the ins plan the first time, she's not going to mention the previous experiences. I do know that they can do blood work that finds it. Also, another auto-immune disease is rhumetoid arthritis.
You should look these two things up and see if they sound like what you are experiencing.

Best Wishes,

JB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2008, 03:43 AM   #3
(female)

flaminjo HB User
Re: Sudden widespread joint pain

its important for you to show your wrist problem to a doctor, or you can try physio therapy. unless you have taken a professional advise i wouldn't advice you to do sculpturing

Closed Thread