It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
(male)

Sekonda HB User
Question Lack of energy, feeling fatigued

I'm 16 years old and go to the gym 5 times a week, 3 sessions of which are predominately weight lifting and 2 sessions cardiovascular based, all sessions lasting around 1hr - 1hr 30m

I consider myself to be quite fit for my age but recently I've noticed that I've been feeling out of energy, I am eating the right foods and getting enough carbohydrates :

1st Meal : 60g of Scottish Porridge Oats + 30g of Protein with 30g of Ultra blended scottish oats in water. Green Tea, 2 fish oil supplements, multivitamin tablet.

2nd Meal : Handful of cashews, 2 hard boiled eggs and an apple

3rd Meal : Brown wholemeal bread sandwich with a portion of lettuce, cucumber and 30g worth of protein of chicken breast. A banana, a portion of raw chopped carrots and sometimes around 50/100g of cheese.

Before Gym : 30g of Protein blended with water

During Gym : Water (drink around a litre or a bit less in weight session and cardio sessions probably litre and a half, not sure if I need energy drinks to get certain salts into my body???)

After Gym : 30g of Protein, 30g of Dextrose and 60g of Maltodextrin blended with water.

4th Meal : My dinner not my choice but always healthy and contains a few portions of varying vegetables with a meat usually.

5th Meal : 200g of Cottage cheese.

That's what I usually eat on a weights day but on a cardio day I will eat the same but without the eggs and protein shakes but with wholemeal pasta.

I can still do as much cardio as I usually do at the same intensity really, it's more the weight lifting it seems I'm getting weaker.

I have had a cold the past week and it has really passed, I have had a week off the gym as well and only just had my first session back now, but I have had a week or two off before (school holidays when I need to revise) and come back to the gym and performing just as well as I did before? I think I may be being a bit too paranoid and it could be put down to the cold making me feel weaker despite not really experiencing many of the symptoms anymore (apart from a sore throat in the morning).

Thanks if you've bothered to read through this and even more so I extend my thanks If you supply some help, thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
(female)

Local Girl HB User
Re: Lack of energy, feeling fatigued

Obvious question -- do you get enough sleep? Many teens don't.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #3
(male)

Sekonda HB User
Re: Lack of energy, feeling fatigued

Oh yeah missed that factor out, I couldn't really tell you if I'm having enough but I know that when exercising often you should get around 10 hours sleep, I'm only getting around 8 - 9 hours sleep which is better than what I'd usually get which would be 6/7 hours.

Performed well today though during cardio session.

Closed Thread