It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008, 12:02 AM   #1
(female)

molly27 HB User
Strange symptoms - undiagnosed hoping someone can help!!

Hi everyone,

I'm 27 and for the past year I have had all sorts of heath issues. I have a tremor in my left hand, joint pain, cough/shortness of breath, bruising, pins and needles, bowel issues, cramping, joint and back cracking, tiredness.

Have seen a rheumatologist and a neuro. Neither came up with anything.

More recentrly, some of my nerve endings feel strange. When I rub my knee or upper left arm just below the elbow it feels tingly and if I lean on my arm, it makes my fingers go numb. I wake up in the middle of the night atleast 4 times a week and my hand/arm is numb.

The latest symptoms or changes are blue veins appearing all over my body (12 months ago didnt have any), itchyness and my skin is easily indented (I wake up with deep lines all over my body and just lying on the couch gives me lines in my skin.

Can anyone help with any of these symptoms?

Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Benit HB User
Re: Strange symptoms - undiagnosed hoping someone can help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly27 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm 27 and for the past year I have had all sorts of heath issues. I have a tremor in my left hand, joint pain, cough/shortness of breath, bruising, pins and needles, bowel issues, cramping, joint and back cracking, tiredness.

Have seen a rheumatologist and a neuro. Neither came up with anything.

More recentrly, some of my nerve endings feel strange. When I rub my knee or upper left arm just below the elbow it feels tingly and if I lean on my arm, it makes my fingers go numb. I wake up in the middle of the night atleast 4 times a week and my hand/arm is numb.

The latest symptoms or changes are blue veins appearing all over my body (12 months ago didnt have any), itchyness and my skin is easily indented (I wake up with deep lines all over my body and just lying on the couch gives me lines in my skin.

Can anyone help with any of these symptoms?

Thanks!!
I'm 27/male and have some of these symptoms, but there's a few I don't identify with.

Some of your symptoms (not sure about the skin manifestations) merit looking into B12 deficiency. If you didn't know, B12 is a vitamin crucial to maintaining a healthy nervous system. B12 deficiency is most common for vegetarians/vegans, and also for those with celiac disease/gluten intolerance. There are some other genetic predisposing factors but I'm not an expert in the field.

If you get your serum B12 level tested and it's below 600, and esp. if it's below 500, you may have found your problem.

Come to the brain/nervous system disorders section of this website, and see what you can come up with, that's where I write most of my posts anyway. I'm just recently exploring B12 as having a role in my 5-year long illness (trust me, I'm at my wits end now), trying some supplementation, but I can't be sure that it's helping.. not yet anyhow.

Last edited by Benit; 12-07-2008 at 12:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Re: Strange symptoms - undiagnosed hoping someone can help!!

I have similiar issues and more....had loads of tests-vitamins, mri, emg, ekg all normal..

Closed Thread