It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
(female)

Beekermlady HB User
Left Leg Pain?

I'm not sure where to put this one, as there isn't a "leg" forum.

I started working a job in retail a couple of months ago. We were opening the store so it was a lot of heavy lifting and climbing ladders. Once the store was open I switched gears to being a floor associate and on my feet for 5-10 hr shifts. This is also about the time that my godson, whom I baby-sit the 8 hrs before work, went through a growth spurt.

The extensive time on my feet and the baby's weight gain put a ton of strain on my lower back, but I was slowly adjusting to it. My back pain is now minimal and limited to when I first wake up in the morning and the occassional spasm during the week.

After my back "healed" I began to experience a strange sensation in my left leg, every night when I was laying down to go to sleep. I'm familiar with RLS and I don't believe that this is the same. This pain starts in the upper thigh of my left leg, near where my leg connects to my crotch and wraps around my leg to the backside of my ankle. It's a sharp and throbbing pain. It's indescribable and usually only happens at night when I am laying down. The only way to control the pain & get some sleep is to put all of my weight on my left leg by laying on that side.

Today was the first time that I experienced the pain while standing and sitting. Putting pressure on the upper part of my thigh seems to help with the pain.

Any ideas what this might be??
I don't like doctors and prefer not to go to one unless there is no course of action that I can take on my own.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
(female)

mo0622 HB User
Re: Left Leg Pain?

Sounds like nerve pain. You may have a herniatied disc in your lower back-- what you describe sounds a lot like when I had mine. Call your doctor asap -- maybe an MRI is in order.

Last edited by mo0622; 12-15-2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: need to learn how to spell

Closed Thread