It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2008, 07:23 PM   #1
(male)

hollywood36033 HB User
possible blood clot

i am a 35 year old male and have noticed about 3 days ago that my knee was swollen and that i was fine when i sat down and when i stood up is when i had felt it the pain. last night i was walking to room and felt a odd pain in my thigh i had a discoloration on my upper inner thigh the size of a plumb. it is not what i would say is a normal bruise from any kind of bumping it or any contact... it is warm to touch and and it hurts very bad if i push on it and the pain radiates.all around it...if i push hard i can feel i very tiny tiny knot, smaller than a pea. i have done a bit of reading on it and figured maybe i could be freaking out and that maybe my knee swolen and bruise are coeincadental and not related...i v confused my self on all the literature and not sure.... also if it would help i had surgery 2 months ago for a ripped bicep.. and most recentl have been hospitalized for 2 weaks for stomach digestive probelums and taking the prescription metoclopramide its generic for regalin.. Can some please help me evaluate these issues and determine weather or not i need to go back to hospital... i have had the different medical probelums lately and the last thing i want is to go back.. exspecialy if it is nothing. ty

Last edited by hollywood36033; 12-24-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
(female)

mo0622 HB User
Re: possible blood clot

You know, it does sound a little like a blood clot...especially with your recent surgery/hospitalization. I think you should at least call your dr.'s office (even if they are not open due to the holiday they should have a recording telling you an after-hours number to call) and if you can't reach them you may want to go to the er just to be safe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: possible blood clot

I agree. It could be nothing, but there's a decent chance it could be a blood clot. And, if it is, it needs to be dealt with very soon.

Reply Reply