It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
(female)

Socrriss18 HB User
Shoulder pain/injury

Hello everyone,
I seem to be having some shoulder pain that I thought was nothing, but is slowly getting worse. Christmas day I went snowboarding for a little bit. I fell kind of hard once, but didn't think much of it. After I fell I went right to the tow rope and went back up to the top as it was time to leave. (fyi- the tow rope is literally a moving rope you hold on to as you get pulled up the hill). Well, I didn't really think much of the fall, and was more concerned with my butt as I had tailbone surgery less than a year ago. Anyways, that night my shoulder started to get a little sore, and when I woke up it hurt quite a bit, and has continue to get worse. The pain is right at the end of my left shoulder. There is some slight soreness on the back of my shoulder blade, and alone the biceps. It hurts most reaching across my body, reaching straight out infront of me. Moving out or up dont actually hurt too bad. It also hurts if I turn my head to that side, or when I'm bending over. Laying in bed doesn't feel too great either. It is sensitive to touch, but does not have any discoloration or visible deformity.

I'm not sure what it could be. I feel like if it was from when I fell I would've felt it immediately. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Socrriss18; 12-27-2008 at 10:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2008, 08:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Shoulder pain/injury

considering what ya did,and the symptoms you have,i really would at least see your primary for an eval on that shoulder and a run thru the ROMS. believe me,i just went thru my own shoulder/rotator cuff nightmare this past year with some of your symptoms. you could have simply bruised something or created an inflammatory response within that cuff somewhere too(tendonitis or bursitis come first in mind). but getting that basic eval from your primary would kind of dictate your next step.

depending upon just what your symptoms are at the time of that visit and what the doc feels after attempting to run you theru all the ROMS,you may get sent for possible PT or an MRI,just to make certain you didn;t tear anything crucial to movement within that shoulder. i was really shocked that my overall damage to my rptator was as bad as it was upon gettingthat MRIdone. you just really need to know for certain what is the main pain generator and any possible real damage that may have taken place too. just make an appt with your primary for now and see what happens. in the meantime,ice OR heat may help,go with what feels good to you right now,and also trying an anti inflammatory like aleeve or advil would be appropriate as well right now. personally i prefer aleeve since you only have to dose it twice a day,it just lasts much longer than advil does. please keep me posted as to what you find out,K? hope its just bruised and nothing more. FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

cj1986 HB User

aaaaaaaaasascs

Last edited by cj1986; 12-28-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #4
(female)

Socrriss18 HB User

Thanks for responding.

Did yours hurt immediately, and how bad was the pain? Depending on what I'm doing, I may feel nothing, and then some slight random movements can cause a sharp pain. Its weird what brings on the pain. I think I might try and give it another day and see how it feels. Looking online, it kind of sounds like a shoulder separation, but I dont know. The fact that it didnt really start hurting till that night is kind of weird.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

I agree it sounds like rotator cuff or tendon.. could also have a case of bursitis. With that kind of injury, it only will hurt in certain motions. Also you might not have noticed it the first day and then it got more inflammed over the next day which is why it didn't present immediately. Btw.. if it was shoulder separation you would be in a lot more pain, unless it separated and popped back immediately. Definitely get a work up to make sure there are no tears in the tendons. Good luck!

Reply Reply