It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 01:16 AM   #1
(female)

Lejaro HB User
Does this sound like the flu or what?

For the last couple of months I'll experience rapid heart beat and my heart skipping a beat when I'm at rest or just laying in bed. It's something that I got used to because when I was younger I was monitored and told I have a heart prolapse that will cause my irregular heart beat every once in a while...

The last two days it's been getting worse, followed with dizziness, hot flashes, shortness of breath, headache, and just in the last few hours I've got a fever.

I think I have a few individual problems but the symptoms that are causing the most distress are the ones I'm talking about now...

any ideas? flu perhaps? I work in a call center where we share keyboards and all the germs that come with it...

any ideas would be great ty!

Old 12-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User
Re: Does this sound like the flu or what?

I also have mitral valve prolapse which has caused irregular heartbeats. My doctor put me on Lopressor for this and it helps a lot. However, when I'm getting sick or I get really stressed, the irregular heartbeat comes back in spite of the medication. So perhaps you have a viral infection which would put stress on your body and cause the heart to act up? If you have new symptoms (like your heart racing) you truly need to check with your doctor. You may need a change in meds. If this has been going on for two months it definitely needs to be checked out. Have you ever had an echocardiogram? It's a good way to diagnose problems with the heart valves and lets them see inside your heart in a non-invasive procedure. Take care and talk with your doctor soon.
Soibhan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply