It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
(female)

cheeks23 HB User
Staph infection in my breast after augmentation

I received implants approx 2 months ago, from the start of my recovery I had a pain that was like no other pain I was used too. I had my first surgery 3 years ago, adn had to haev the second surgery because and implant had ruptured. After numerous calls to my doctor, I was told that the pain was because he had reconstructed my pockets and that the pain was normal. After about a month I emailed him (suprisingly, he responded very quickly to that with urgency) I suppose a documented outcry spooked him, and he told me to come in asap. When I went in for my surgery I told him of all of these strange symptoms I was having; hot/cold sensations through out my breast, arthritic pains, tight painful sensation around my incisions. There was not more than 5 minutes everyday that didnt pass that I was reminded of how much pain my right breast was in. He told me to go home take ibuprofen and come back in 3 months. Two weeks later an incision opened up and pus started draining from it. I was put on antibiotics after the lab report confirmed it was Staph infection. I went back 2 times lst week and he said he was pleased with the progress. However I am in so much pain still. What is the doctors responsibility when a patient gets a Staph infection while having breast aug surgery? Especially when he sent me away without treating my symptoms with the care they needed. Had I started the antibiotics three weeks before the incison opened could I have prevented the severity of it? Any advice or help would be appreciated. I dont know what my rights are as a patient in this situation!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply