It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
(male)

jasonlog123 HB User
left trapezoid pain and slight drooping of right shoulder

hi i fel onto my right shoulder last christmas and thought nothing else of it until a week or so later my left trapezoid tightend up and then came a constant burning pain in it. i thought it would pass in a few days but it didnt, i then noticed my right shoulder was slightly drooping forward and downwards. This has become so frustrating as i like to train with weights and keep fit, but i suffer nothing but pain in my left trapezoid when i do so, and this pain and burning all the time even when im not.
My right trapezoid wont build at all now and neither will my right side of my chest i have been to a chairopractor but this doesnt seem to be helping. could someone please help me im running out of patience with this thanks.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: left trapezoid pain and slight drooping of right shoulder

honestly? obtaining an MRI on your c spine area AND your rotator area of that shoulder would probably find the area where the actual injury or problem lies. this really sounds like possible nerve loss to that muscle area or tendon rupture or tear. that whole area between your c spine and that shoulder really should be looked into,just based upon your symptoms. it really sounds like that issue is IN those areas to some degree. withering or atrophy of muscle is usually a nerve or tendon issue(or even something like an actual muscle tear). this would just be a really good way to get the ball rolling towards finding the culprit here in the quickest easiest way for you.

you have one tendon called the supraspinatus that simply runs across the very top of the shoulder area from the top of the humorus to the base of the neck. i had this particular tendon tear on me completely last year and did/do have some atrophy in my trap on that side. but i would make certain that that rotator cuff area gets MRIed for sure. just see your doc and ask for that referral. are you having any problems with that arm itself with range of motion? marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2009, 01:32 AM   #3
(male)

jasonlog123 HB User

hi. thanks alot for your reply. On your point about having trouble with the motion of my arm, i am yes but not pain as such just twinging and cracking above anything else. I have noticed that when i take the strain of a weight, my whole right shoulder droops further downward and around to the front of my body, more so than when i do nothing at all and when i lift weight above my head the shoulder seems to have the same motion. you have said about possible nerve loss in this muscle area is it likely i will never get that back? Or if i will ever get this problem fixed at all? i also still have this constant burning pain in my left trapezoid which is the most unbareable of all, but im just really frustrated cause i cant train for the pain of this, and the muscle not building on my right shoulder area and chest. I actually have a doctors appointment this thursday about my shoulder so you reckon i just ask for a referral for a MRI scan on my right shoulder and back area? again thanks for all your help. Jason.

Last edited by jasonlog123; 03-03-2009 at 01:33 AM.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

you really DO sound like you have some level of damage along with what could be an actual compressed or impinged nerve from 'something' up there. its all in your description here. i am glad you are seeing a doc for this. getting the two(c spine AND that rotator/shoulder area) MRIs done really would help in identifying the true nature of the problem. good luck,i hope things are not too bad for you. please keep me posted. Marcia

Closed Thread