It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
(female)

MissMuse HB User
Unhappy Limb Sensation/Location Issues

I'm not sure how to describe this, but I'm going to try. First, I am a 29-year-old female. For the past 6-7 months, I have been experiencing what I would call "limb location issues." For example, this morning, I woke up, and I didn't know where my feet were (if that makes any sense). I didn't know whether they were tucked under eachother, which is what I thought, as I didn't immediately feel them. I had to actually look before I moved my feet to make sure they were where I thought they were--under the covers, one tucked under the other.

This is one of the strangest sensations that I have ever experienced. I tried to describe it to a doctor who I see on a regular basis--and I plan to try describing it to him again tomorrow during my appt--but I don't think he quite understood this phenomenon. It started shortly after I was taken off a medication which caused some ER-worthy side effects back in June 2008. During this time, I also experienced Tardive Dyskenesia for a few days (involuntary spasming of the eyes, tongue and back) after being given another medication at this time which, at first, caused me to have a Dystonic reaction. I also should mention that my toes started feeling numb off and on back in 2004, while I was working at a physically-demanding job, and they still do this on occasion.

Could all of these issues be related? They might be the result of nerve damage. Does anyone know of a condition like this? Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

~Colleen

Last edited by MissMuse; 01-19-2009 at 11:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
(female)

MissMuse HB User
Re: Limb Sensation/Location Issues

Anyone??

Could this be related to seizure issues?

Old 01-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
(female)

RinneyB HB User
Re: Limb Sensation/Location Issues

It really does sound like your nerves have to do with this...did you try seeing a chiropractor?? something might be off and pinching nerves, also try seeing a massage therapist because they can help as well

Closed Thread