It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
(male)

Wieman HB User
Need some help with my diagnosis

Symptoms ive been having for the past 3 or 4 weeks

Vomiting after 10-12 minutes of consuming any food, Pain in my upper right quadrant of my abdomen. Sometimes I even vomit green and yellow bile, pain behind my right eye, a pain in the middle of my chest, hurts to take deep breaths.

I went to the ER and when my blood test came back they say'd my lizer enzymes were a little high. So they did an ultrasound to look for GAllstones, but it came back negative. They told me to do a follow up with my family doctor to do a DSIDA scan.
I had an attack of some sort a few days ago. It hurt so bad it took my breath away, an I had to pull over and I kept yelling until the pain went away. It only lasted for 3-5 minutes.

Do you think the ultrasoud could have missed the gallstones?

Last edited by Wieman; 01-15-2009 at 11:30 AM.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
(male)

Wieman HB User
Someone help me with a diagnosis

Symptoms ive been having for the past 3 or 4 weeks

Vomiting after 10-12 minutes of consuming any food, Pain in my upper right quadrant of my abdomen. Sometimes I even vomit green and yellow bile, pain behind my right eye, a pain in the middle of my chest, hurts to take deep breaths.

I went to the ER and when my blood test came back they say'd my lizer enzymes were a little high. So they did an ultrasound to look for GAllstones, but it came back negative. They told me to do a follow up with my family doctor to do a DSIDA scan. They prescribed me with PHenigran, but all that does is it keeps me from vomiting and when I wake up the next day my liver or gallbladder is inflamated.
I had an attack of some sort a few days ago. It hurt so bad it took my breath away, an I had to pull over and I kept yelling until the pain went away. It only lasted for 3-5 minutes.

I've come to 3 conclusions, Gallbladder infection with or without gallstones, CHirrois of the liver or liver cancer.
Do you think the ultrasoud could have missed the gallstones?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Need some help with my diagnosis

Yes, the ultra sound could have missed the problem.

It is possible to have only one stone blocking the bile duct.

Get a scan to be sure what the problem is. Believe you will find a gallstone where it should not be.

I had ultra sound before I had gallbladder surgery. The surgeon at time of surgery went down with a camera to be sure a stone was not in the bile duct.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #4
(female)

Schitzophrantic HB User
Lightbulb Re: Need some help with my diagnosis

Gallstones or biliary colic.

Closed Thread