It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
(male)

Houston Texan HB User
I'm looking to get into shape finally.

Hi there!

I'm an 18 year old male college student. I was in powerlifting in high school so I'm not really new to training. I have always been really strong but I have never been what I would like to call in shape. I'm currently doing Rippetoe's Starting Strength program to gain back some strength I lost from dieting for four weeks.

I'm accustomed to training hard so I'm willing to go hard. I can do the elliptical for an hour but after I do it I don't even feel tired, and that is at a 8mph pace according to the machine.

I have to be able to run a mile by the end of semester in May at 7m35s for one of my Kinesiology classes, I'm going to be a coach once I graduate.

I hit the mile at 6m50s the other day but I would really love to destroy this, I can run one mile briskly but I can't run more than one too quick or really at all.

Any help is appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

nscrbug HB User
Re: I'm looking to get into shape finally.

If you're looking for some serious advice on improving your running...you'd be better off asking for help on one of the many running forums out there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread