It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
(male)

Jwhit04 HB User
Unhappy Elevated Liver enzymes HELP PLEASE

Hello,

I am a 20 yr old junior in college. Overall, I am healthy and active. Over winter break I had a check up where my blood was taken. I recieved the result from the doctor, and he said that I had slightly elevated liver enzymes (sorry I do not know the details). He said it could or could not be because of drinking too much. I do participate in a fair amount of drinking, and before the check up I had just returned from a vacation where I was drinking heavily. I am getting re-tested in a few weeks, but I wanted to know if I could still drink a little in the meantime (not as heavily as I used to). I know I might sound like some stupid college kid, but I would like to have a good time with friends during the weekends. Would it be stupid to drink a couple of times before I get tested again in a few weeks? I'd appreciate any sort of insight or help. Thank you so much.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Elevated Liver enzymes HELP PLEASE

Probably all the "heavy" drinking has caused you liver enzymes to be elevated. To conduct an experiment of your of your own to see if that was probably the cause, you should stop drinking until after the test and see what the results are. Surely you can go a few weeks without drinking, right? If not, you've got more problems that just elevated enzymes. Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread