It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
(male)

supermike HB User
Strange Symptoms

For the past 3 weeks I have had some minor aches and soreness in my abdominal area. It started a day after I had carelessly picked at a red pimple or mole type of thing on my sternum which I have had for years. I went to the hospital ER because I work at the hospital and was traveling in two days. I was worried I may not have been well enough to travel.
They did blood tests and examine me but found nothing wrong. A couple of days later the symptoms were gone and stayed away for 5 straight days. Then a couple of days ago they returned which is about 2 days after I got back from vacation.
I am male, 36 and take synthroid for a hypothyroid condition but am otherwise healthy. The dosage is only 50 micrograms a day. I have no other symptoms, no injuries and have been on synthroid for over a year and a half without any issues.
The red pimple is still there and though it looked a little different after I picked at it, now it appears to have healed and there is no pain if I touch it. There is also no pain if I touch any area where I have some aches.
Does anyone have any ideas? The ER doctor thought it was just a coincidence that it started a day after I picked the pimple. Maybe itís stress?

Old 02-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Strange Symptoms

Sounds like stress and anxiety. I really wouldn't give it another thought. I do the same kinds of things you do. Just do some things to get your mind of it. If symptoms come back then get checked out. I just think your mind wandered. Mine does that to. That darn "what if" thinking. Relax!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread