It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
(female)

jansmokeyty HB User
sore knees/legs

Hi,

Last week I was in New York for 4 days and I probably walked at least a total of 5 hours a day. after the first day my legs were extremely sore like I just had a huge workout and my knees felt stiff and very sore in general, but mostly when I walked up/down stairs or sat/stood. after a day it went away, but my legs were still sore. Is this something I should be concerned about? I am not that active and I assumed this was the case. But it kind of frightens me that at 24 I would be in this terrible shape.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: sore knees/legs

You didn't say what kind of shoes you were wearing when you made your treke, but that had a great deal to do with your aching legs and knees and feet. The fact that you legs continued to ache is not uncommon. It does take a couple of days for that level of ache to disappate.

You can start getting in shape by walking outside in your neighborhood everyday-if it is warm enough! Start at 15 minutes and add 5 minutes a day. Build up a comfortable routine until you have increased your time/distance. I used to walk 4 miles every morning before my surgery. It's a great way to start the day!

Last edited by ibake&pray; 02-05-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread