It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
(female)

lwelch03 HB User
Question Yellow discharge from nose...???

This has NEVER happened before and it really freaked me out. I was doing handstands and tumbling at the gym today and when I was in a handstand, my nose started to gush/squirt out watery yellow liquid. I immediately stood up and it still gushed out as I ran to get paper-towel. It stopped, but a couple of hours later when I got home, it did it a little bit again. I haven't been sick or anything so I'm kind of confused. I have had major headaches the last couple of days. That is the only other thing. Does anyone have any idea of what this could mean? Is it serious or should I just not worry about it?

Thank you for your help!

Old 02-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
(female)

crocheting HB User
Re: Yellow discharge from nose...???

Just from personal experience you may want to make an appt with your doc, it sounds like maybe it could be a sinus infection.
Crocheting

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
(female)

lwelch03 HB User

I'm just wondering what will happen if I don't go to the doctor? I know this sounds like a dumb move, but I have no insurance and cannot afford to pay out of pocket. Can this go away by itself?

Old 02-08-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
(female)

BOBERS47 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwelch03 View Post
this has never happened before and it really freaked me out. I was doing handstands and tumbling at the gym today and when i was in a handstand, my nose started to gush/squirt out watery yellow liquid. I immediately stood up and it still gushed out as i ran to get paper-towel. It stopped, but a couple of hours later when i got home, it did it a little bit again. I haven't been sick or anything so i'm kind of confused. I have had major headaches the last couple of days. That is the only other thing. Does anyone have any idea of what this could mean? Is it serious or should i just not worry about it?

Thank you for your help!
sounds like you have a sinus infection...when you turned upside down...it helped your sinus drain...but the yellow sounds like infection...and would explain the headaches. Does your teeth hurt too? It may be allergys too. A quick sinus xray will tell you....

Old 02-08-2009, 12:06 AM   #5
(female)

BOBERS47 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobers47 View Post
sounds like you have a sinus infection...when you turned upside down...it helped your sinus drain...but the yellow sounds like infection...and would explain the headaches. Does your teeth hurt too? It may be allergys too. A quick sinus xray will tell you....
if its a sinus infection you cant afford to not go to the doc. Seriously...look at a picture of your sinus cavity...see where it goes...i had an absess one time in a back tooth. Omg, it was so bad. No warning, nothing. Woke up one morning and was in severe pain...i went straight to the dentist...he took an xray...gave me antibiotics. The next day my face was swollen so, he gave me a stronger antibiotic. He showed me the xray. It showed the sinus cavity. He said..." this is headed straight for your brain" thank god i didnt wait.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:56 AM   #6
(female)

lwelch03 HB User

No...my teeth don't hurt. There is mild discomfort but that is only because of my rubberbands (I have braces). Is there any OTC medications I could take to get rid of it? That is about all I can afford in all honesty. Just like a lot of people these days, we are having major financial problems and I really can't pay that kind of money to see a doctor, THEN spend a ton of money on prescritptions.

Thank you for everyones responses. At least I know what that was.

P.S. It hasn't happened again.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

IMO, you should go to an emergency room right away. Those are not signs of a sinus infection. The "major" headache and watery fluid are signs that brain fluid may be leaking from your skull. That's extremely serious business.

In most places, they will treat you at an ER for such serious things without any money upfront. Please go!

Old 02-09-2009, 05:45 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
IMO, you should go to an emergency room right away. Those are not signs of a sinus infection. The "major" headache and watery fluid are signs that brain fluid may be leaking from your skull. That's extremely serious business.
That's what came to my mind immediately...yes, go to the ER, right now!!!

Last edited by bethsheba; 02-09-2009 at 05:46 AM.

Closed Thread