It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
(female)

curbsidebabe HB User
how long does a bone bruise last

how long does a bone bruise last. I fell from a wooden ladder at work. Then after landing on the concret the same ladder I fell from fell across both my legs. Well I fractures my tibia platau. Dr.s said that where the ladder hit my legs caused a bone bruise. Well 1yr. and 7mo. later it still hurts bad. Of course I'm still waiting for my Knee replacement. But how much longer should this bruise hurt? because I don't beleive it is a bruise! I still have the indentations from the ladder where it hit me.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: how long does a bone bruise last

so,you have actually had this for over a year,and seven months then?? since this would be a work related injury,workmans comp should have kicked in and at least allowed some diagnostic testing and an actual Dx. a simple bone bruise would not last this long. there could have been other structures that became damaged as well with the type of fall you took. have you seen an actual ortho surgeon just for that level of consult/eval on that area of "bone bruise"? something just doesn't sound right with the type of injury you described and what you are still dealing with right now. you DO simply NEED an expert opinion at this point to actually rule out other possible issues in that spot and to fully check you out for other possible damage too.

what types of diagnostic testing did they use in order to determine a 'bone bruise"? also, just how did you actually land on that concrete below,what 'hit' first?FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
(female)

curbsidebabe HB User
Re: how long does a bone bruise last

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelbad View Post
so,you have actually had this for over a year,and seven months then?? since this would be a work related injury,workmans comp should have kicked in and at least allowed some diagnostic testing and an actual Dx. a simple bone bruise would not last this long. there could have been other structures that became damaged as well with the type of fall you took. have you seen an actual ortho surgeon just for that level of consult/eval on that area of "bone bruise"? something just doesn't sound right with the type of injury you described and what you are still dealing with right now. you DO simply NEED an expert opinion at this point to actually rule out other possible issues in that spot and to fully check you out for other possible damage too.

what types of diagnostic testing did they use in order to determine a 'bone bruise"? also, just how did you actually land on that concrete below,what 'hit' first?FB

Closed Thread