It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
(male)

RAult HB User
Feeling very sick/terrible. Help?

My stomach has been feeling really weird(bad) all day. It is making me incredibly naustious. I keep hearing really loud noises that almost sound like burps coming from inside my chest and stomach. When It started REALLY bothering me I took a Rolaid and threw up about 10 minutes after that. A little bit later I drank some water and threw up again. Since then my stomach is still rollercoastering around making loud noises and making me very naustious. Yesterday I had a sore throat but no stomach discomfort and today I still have the sort throat with the addition of stomach discomfort. I feel really terrible and my girlfriend says I feel very hot but we don't have a thermometer and my temperature isn't really bothering me. I don't have any money so I'm not going anywhere until I'm sure it's an emergency but I just feel really really terrible and my condition seems to only be getting worse. I am about 95% positive that if I ate or drank anything I would immediately throw it up. Any idea what might be wrong or what I could possibly do to feel better? Thanks.

btw I have had the stomach flu many times and food poisoning but this feels very different than either of those. Almost feels like there is an air bubble bouncing around all over in my stomach but I have burped plenty of times and it isn't helping at all. Almost everytime I take a big deep breath though my upper chest makes a really strange, loud, noise like a growl or burp and my stomach is just constantly making very loud gurgling noises.

Last edited by RAult; 02-15-2009 at 11:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2009, 06:42 AM   #2
(female)

Aphroditee HB User
Re: Feeling very sick/terrible. Help?

Could be a bug just a different strain to what you've had before. Especially if you have a temperature. Rest, try to drink fluids. If after 36 hours or so no change see your doctor. Could be symtoms of an ulcer or acid reflux, so give it time then see a doc.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

RAult, It sounds like you have the nasty flu bug that is going around. I have it too. It's been 6 days for me. It is a real bad strain. It does hit everyone differently. My husband and I both got it and we were just telling each other that we have never had one like this. I think it's pretty strong. I ran a fever for at least 5 days! Body aches, chills, and I have had a major sore throat. I am on some antibiotics now. I am still laying in bed taking it easy this whole weekend and hopefully I can return to work monday. I missed a whole week of work. That also stressed me out.

I think you have had the flu because of the fever, otherwise I would say you could have acid reflux. But its too violent to be acid reflux. I think it was a nasty bug that is going around. Good luck! Please let us know how you are.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
(male)

RAult HB User

Hey everyone, yeah I guess it was the flu that's going around now. Just a pretty unique one so I guess that's what scared me. I am feeling much better now though, thanks everyone for your input.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
(female)

ricenbeans HB User

Me too. I have been experiencing the same strange stomach sickness for four weeks now and have decided it has got to be peri menopause. Then I started taking this otc thing called Estroven and 5 days into it I am having these nightmarish haliconeginic dreams, so vivid, so terrible, nothing I have ever experienced before in my life. Almost as if I am beginning to be afraid to go to sleep at night. Now I am wondering if the dreams are either due to the perimenopause, or to the Estroven. I am going to research this more.... wondering should I take the Estroven again tonight? is seems to relieve the other symptoms......

Old 03-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

nscrbug HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricenbeans View Post
Me too. I have been experiencing the same strange stomach sickness for four weeks now and have decided it has got to be peri menopause. Then I started taking this otc thing called Estroven and 5 days into it I am having these nightmarish haliconeginic dreams, so vivid, so terrible, nothing I have ever experienced before in my life. Almost as if I am beginning to be afraid to go to sleep at night. Now I am wondering if the dreams are either due to the perimenopause, or to the Estroven. I am going to research this more.... wondering should I take the Estroven again tonight? is seems to relieve the other symptoms......
I had been taking Estroven (the Energy formula) to help with night sweats, and it made me extremely nauseous. I don't recall having nightmares while on it, but the nausea was enough to make me quit. There are a lot of herbs in Estroven...I've researched most of them, and it seems like ANY of them could cause a myriad of unpleasant side effects. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the herbs in it was resulting in your nightmares.

Closed Thread