It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
(male)

Timmi HB User
General question =/

Ok, this may sound like a random question, but here goes...

My whole life, i've constantly had a blocked Nose. If one side is clear, the other side is blocked... It alternates from side to side often.

Is there any type of operation you can get to allow this NOT to happen anymore? =p Its not life threatening oranything, just ****** annoying at times :P

Old 02-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: General question =/

I am not expert, but one thing comes to mind...Deviated septum. This refers to the tissue (septum) that separates the two sides of your nose. The deviated septum makes one of your nasal passages smaller than the other. You can imagine how that would create a perfect situation for one side to always be clogges. I believe that a minor surgery can fix this situation...Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Oh, wait...I re-read your post, and you mention it changes from side to side-well, I tried...sorry!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

you need to be seen by an ENT to determine what the cause is, that will tell you whether it can be fixed by an operation. Deviated septum, overgrown turbinates (which are in your sinus cavities), chronic allergies, all can cause similar problems. You would have to have a full workup and either a CT scan or scope of your sinuses.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
(female)

jann71 HB User

I had a problem with stuffiness for years that was getting worse and went to see an ENT doctor and he performed a procedure in his office where he burned some of the tissue in my nose (he numbed me first of course lol). Probably the worst part was smelling the tissue burning. But once the scar tissue healed, I can breath a whole better than I ever could. If you don't have an underlying cause and it's just tissue swelling causing it, they might consider doing that. It was worth it for me by far.

Closed Thread