It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
(female)

faylay HB User
blood clots in my legs?

how would i know if i had blood clogs in my legs?

Old 02-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
(female)

jenius HB User
Re: blood clogs in my legs?

Ive had a blood clot in my leg before and the reason I went to the dr and knew it was there is because it is such a localized pain. Its like someone is taking a screwdriver or pencil and poking it into your leg.
I was put on a med and it disappeared over night.
I researched them afterwards though and there are people that get blood clots in legs that never knew they were there. They can be really dangerous and if you think you have one you should go to the dr. just to make sure.
They just do a sonogram up and down your legs to find them.
Painless procedure that could save your life!
Some leg blood clots are life threatening, some are not. But you have to have a sonogram to find out which!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

the above poster is very right. just obtain a simple ultrasound with the doppler and it should be able to tell you with good certainty whether or not you do or do not have actual blood clots. i had to have this done two years ago for the very same reason. everything came up crystal clear within the vessels. just what actual 'symptoms' do you feel you are having? marcia

Old 02-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: blood clots in my legs?

When I had my blood clot in my leg it was a pain that I had never had before. It was an intense throbbing that was unusual and deep. Good thing that I went and had the sonogram. I had a clot that went from my calf to my groin and I was throw pulminary embolisms into both lungs. 60% of these are found on the autopsy table. GULP> I was amont the lucky 40%. I spent a week in the hospital hooked up to IV and heparin, then on coumadin for 2 months, and I am still on aspirin - 4 years later - to this day. It's nothing to mess around with. So if you really thing you have one, get into the doctor.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:03 AM   #5
(female)

jill60 HB User
Re: blood clots in my legs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibake&pray View Post
When I had my blood clot in my leg it was a pain that I had never had before. It was an intense throbbing that was unusual and deep. Good thing that I went and had the sonogram. I had a clot that went from my calf to my groin and I was throw pulminary embolisms into both lungs. 60% of these are found on the autopsy table. GULP> I was amont the lucky 40%. I spent a week in the hospital hooked up to IV and heparin, then on coumadin for 2 months, and I am still on aspirin - 4 years later - to this day. It's nothing to mess around with. So if you really thing you have one, get into the doctor.
My Dr. says at the age of 50 a person needs to start taking a aspirin daily whether they have clotting issues or not. I didn't head the Dr.'s words & I broke my leg & ended up with a blood clot. That has been 7 months ago & I go this a.m. for a u.s. to see if it is gone yet. I will start my daily dose of aspirin tomorrow if it is gone!!

Jill

Old 02-25-2009, 02:04 AM   #6
(female)

jill60 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenius View Post
Ive had a blood clot in my leg before and the reason I went to the dr and knew it was there is because it is such a localized pain. Its like someone is taking a screwdriver or pencil and poking it into your leg.
I was put on a med and it disappeared over night.
I researched them afterwards though and there are people that get blood clots in legs that never knew they were there. They can be really dangerous and if you think you have one you should go to the dr. just to make sure.
They just do a sonogram up and down your legs to find them.
Painless procedure that could save your life!
Some leg blood clots are life threatening, some are not. But you have to have a sonogram to find out which!!!!
You were so lucky if yours disappeared overnight! I have been messing with his for 7 months!

jill

Closed Thread