It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User
Diagnose me?

I'm 23 years old and have seen so many doctors this past year but none of them have really been able to find out what's wrong. Here is a list of my symptoms...maybe someone can give me some ideas?

-chronic diarrhea.
-bladder spasms.
-blood and protein in my urine without infection.
-painful urination without infection.
-folliculitis (sp?)
-muscle cramps. (in weird places like my thigh and jaw and normal places like calves and feet)
-severe joint pain.
-skin is painful to the touch...especially on my legs and tops of my feet. Feels bruised.
-sleep apnea.
-acid reflux
-tachycardia (pulse can go up to 140 when anxious, usually 100-105 when calm/resting)
-hands, feet and ear lobes turn blue. breasts are always a purplish color.
-poor circulation.
-hypothyroidism
-headaches
-frequent nose bleeds
-bloody diarrhea from hemmerhoids.
-random bruising
-insomnia

I've had several tests done...CT scan of bladder/kidneys...colonoscopy, upper GI endoscopy, tested for Celiac disease, had an ANA done, sleep study, gall bladder scan, CT scan of my head...only irregularities are my sed rate is slightly elevated (30) and my WBC has been high every time it has been tested the past year and a half. And then the unexplained protein and blood in my urine. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 03-04-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Diagnose me?

just wondering if they have run labs on your kidneys and also have they done an actual ultrasound on your kidneys? this could be an underlying type of kidney disease that just has not actually shown up yet in your labs or other areas. but if this IS going on,i don't think it is the entire problem considering your other symptoms too,ya know what i mean? its just that actually having protien show up in your urine for no apparent reason,is one of the very first signs of possible underlying kidney disease of some kind. but like i mentioned, it really does sound like just a part of a possible bigger condition/problem. but i would make certain that they really thoroughly check out those kidneys. sorry i could not help you more with this. but just really check the kidneys well right now. FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Look up the symptoms of scleroderma.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User

I saw a nephrologist back in June but he didn't seem too concerned. I have a follow up in June. My labs show my kidney function is normal for right now. I had a 24 hour urine done and the protein levels weren't extremely high...but still something to watch. I've had two different doctors say they think the cause is different things. One said it's b/c I'm fat and the other said it's most likely due to prolonged severe dehydration from my bulimia. I don't believe I have had an ultrasound of my kidneys unless it came up on my ultrasound of my female organs...which I don't think it would have? But I had the CT scan of my bladder and kidneys which didn't show anything.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User

Wow...Scleroderma would explain a lot of my symptoms...how is it diagnosed? Is there some blood test or something that would show it?

Closed Thread