It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
(female)

dewing HB User
Found a small lump in an embarrassing place

I've found a small lump in an embarrassing place on my body, it is on the inside of my left vulva. I saw a female GP and she looked at it and said it was nothing to worry about, i then mentioned it to another female GP recently and she said she too did not think it was of any concern but if i wanted to have it removed then i could do which i am going to have done. What i am trying to say is how can they tell that it is nothing serious like cancer just by looking at it? i am quite glad to have it removed soon and hope that it is nothing to worry about. Has anyone else had something similar?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
(female)

Jrobaby HB User
Re: Found a small lump in an embarrassing place

Strange they didnt do ANYTHING other then look at it? Happened to me once, I thought it was a tumor or something! same thing they said its nothing, usualy just one of those littttllee glands get swollen. Went away after a while.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
(female)

LoraH HB User

Not to scare you, but I also had a small bump on my vulva, and also my doctor told me it was nothing to be concerned about. A handful of years later and it suddenly started to grow, itch and bleed. I decided to see a different doctor and it turned out that I had vulva cancer requiring a vulvectomy. Get it removed now if you can!

Old 03-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
(female)

Jrobaby HB User

ya lumps anywhere are always something to be concerned about.. always get second opinions. mine went away so i know it was just a swollen gland ( it was under the skin) but i would deffinately not take any chances.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #5
(female)

dewing HB User

it's a small, hard lump, not sure how long i've had it, maybe a few months, it's not under the skin though, it on top of the skin, it's not uneven or anything like that, just a small hard lump. I'm getting it removed in April but that's only because i asked for it to be removed, the 2nd doctor just told me to keep an eye on it and if it got any bigger to go back. I've also got a large cyst on my forehead which i've had for years but have decided to have it removed but yet again i asked for it, more because it is unsightly more than anything so am killing 2 birds with one stone and having both removed.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:10 AM   #6
(female)

dewing HB User

can you describe what your lump was like? i'm having mine removed next month but i asked my GP to have it removed. Mine is a small hard lump and when i managed to have a look at it, it's got a sort of white ish looking head. I had a look on the net at some pictures of vulva cancer and they look far more menacing than what i have but i'm glad really that i'm having it removed, for peace of mind more than anything.

Closed Thread