It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
(male)

philmetz HB User
Question sore throat/sore neck

Hi
I seem to have the flu but seems worse.
I have had a sore throat for at least 4 days now. Im finding I keep having large build ups of saliva and its sore to swollow so i spit out. My tongue is also white with patches of the tongue showing fine. My neck is also paining, i cant really turn my head much.

Any ideas what it is and what I can do?

Old 03-07-2009, 01:21 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: sore throat/sore neck

I'm not trying to worry you, but you have some warning signs worth checking out.

I would get into your doctor as soon as you can. There is a very bad flu going around which starts with a terrible sore throat, and you need antibiotics started to avoid it morphing into pneumonia. (That happened to me and my husband just last month).

The white patches in your mouth/tongue sound like thrush, don't know much about that one.

The other thing that comes to mind with the stiff neck is possible meningitis. Can you touch your chin to your chest. Are you eyes very sensitive to light? I had meningitis last April, and spent 4 days in hospital for that.

Get into you doctor, and don't wait till it gets any worse. Good health to you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2009, 01:43 AM   #3
(male)

philmetz HB User

I can almost touch my chest with my chin. like a finger width and half out. My eyes dont seem to be sensitive to light.

Problem is I cant see the doctor yet as I dont have my health insurance card yet, have to get it on monday earliest.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:43 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Then take it easy till Monday, then go. Hang in the sweetie!

Closed Thread