It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
(female)

blackmoon HB User
still dehydrated after drinking tons of water

Hello.
During the course of the day I drink about 60-80 ounces of water. I looked up how much I should be drinking and it is about 60 ounces. For some reason it seems like no matter how much I drink I'm still dehydrated. It's really not that I feel really thirsty all the time but I never have to use the bathroom. I have to go maybe twice a day and usually when you drink that much water your urine should be clear but it isn't. I tried looking it up online but couldn't find anything? Any help or comment would be useful. Also I'm on Adderall and Sprintec (birth control), I don't know if this would effect it in anyway. Thanks!

Old 03-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
(female)

schatzi08 HB User
Re: still dehydrated after drinking tons of water

Hello,
I take Adderall and it makes me dry as dirt. I too drink lots of water but never really feel satisfied. I also don't urinate as frequently as you might think from all the water ingested. This began when I started the medication and still exists to this day, 4 years later. But if it really bothers you, I would do a check in with your prescribing doctor. If you find out anything interesting, please post back as I would be grateful for any information regarding this situation.

Best of health to you,
J.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
(female)

blackmoon HB User
Re: still dehydrated after drinking tons of water

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatzi08 View Post
Hello,
I take Adderall and it makes me dry as dirt. I too drink lots of water but never really feel satisfied. I also don't urinate as frequently as you might think from all the water ingested. This began when I started the medication and still exists to this day, 4 years later. But if it really bothers you, I would do a check in with your prescribing doctor. If you find out anything interesting, please post back as I would be grateful for any information regarding this situation.

Best of health to you,
J.
I'm glad I heard from someone else with the same problem. I guess it doesn't bother me too much, it just made me worried. The pharmacist told me that dehydration is definitely a side effect from the Adderall and to just drink more water. Everyone at my work is starting to look at me weird when I fill up my water bottle every hour haha.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
(female)

wednesdayaddams HB User
Lightbulb Re: still dehydrated after drinking tons of water

after experiencing the same I cut soda and other drinks out of my diet, and found I need to constantly remind myself throughout the day to sip on water or I also have a horrible dry mouth. On average i'd say i drink a 24oz bottle of water every 3-4 hours. The consistency and volume of water in the absence of caffiene and sugar work to alleviate this symptom for me, unless I'm doing alot of talking, in which case I keep a bottle of water in my bag to sip between sentences. worth a try i suppose

Closed Thread