It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 06:16 AM   #1
(female)

mommarini HB User
Abdominal Pain

Hi Everyone

I have searched and searched the internet but can't seem to find any condition that fits the specific pain that I am experiencing. My husband wants me to go to the doctor but I would rather not waste the time and money to go if it is nothing...

The pain I am experiencing ONLY occurs when I bend over (tying shoes, etc) and is accompanied by no other symptoms. It has been 2 or 3 weeks since it started. It is a sudden, sharp, burning pain in my upper right abdominal section - towards the center - feels like it may be right under my rib cage. The pain feels like it is originating from a spot the size of a quarter. When I straighten up the pain goes away.

If anyone can provide any insight into what this may be I would be very appreciative. Other than being generally sleep deprived (work 3rd shift and go to school part-time plus mother of 3!) I am a generally healthy 31 yr old woman.

Thanks!

~Michelle

Old 03-09-2009, 06:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Abdominal Pain

Could be gall bladder problems..That is where your gall bladder is located

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #3
(female)

polkaadot HB User

yep i agree, either gallbladdr or the bile ducts etc, could be liver too. like, gallstones blocking the bile ducts and such.

i ould strongly recommend you to see a doctor and get tests such as ultrasounds done to rule out any problems - the worst you can do is wait till it gets too late

Old 03-11-2009, 06:38 AM   #4
(male)

greengrass HB User

Without further info its hard to say, if the only symptom is pain when you bend over then yes it could be a gall bladder problem or liver problem. But you would show other symptoms too and the pain would be more constant.

To me it sound more like a hernia of some sort, with a busy lifestyle you may of lifted something which has caused a perferation.

Which ever it is it is not going to go away you will need to see your doctor, just make sure you insurance is up to date as they will probably do some scans.

Closed Thread