It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2009, 08:13 AM   #1
(male)

Chat man HB User
Rabis Virus in my body yet?

Hey guys..

On 25 Jan '07, I was bitten by a puppy when I was on the way to the college. The same puppy bitten our college clerk(She didn't take any medicines). That puppy bitten another girl and was bitting dogs.. I was given 5 injections in the medicine course.. All 5 were upto date..

That puppy wasn't constantly running, no liquid was dropping from his mouth..

I pressed the wound as soon as it ran away from me. I pressed the wound to remove some bad blood that would spread into whole body..

Health Problem I had before 2yrs(In the end of March 2007):
I was addicted to Internet from few months. Suddenly I went to a village, where I couldn't use internet.
On that evening, my cousins and a guest were there in my grand ma's house. I was having so much of fun and suddenly, I was feeling so sleepy. I dunno anything happened in next 2 days. My younger cousin explains I had much fever. My eyeballs were upside, I was sat up and started moving fingers just like using keyboard. I was talking about tech. related things and my friends. I was hitting everyone who was coming to hold my hands to admit to the hospital... My neighbor was telling that "I never thought he would stay alive"..

I dunno what's the name of that stage.. May be temporary madness.. :P

I wanna know:
Quote:
What was happened to me on those 2 days and nights(like temp. madness)?
Quote:
Is there any chance of Rabis Virus in my body?(Injection course was upto date)

Last edited by moderator2; 03-14-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Rabis Virus in my body yet?

you can only get rabies if the puppy that bit you had rabies, and I seriously doubt that he had......

Old 03-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #3
(male)

Chat man HB User

I updated the thread..

That puppy wasn't constantly running, no liquid was dropping from his mouth..

Old 03-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

how is the puppy now? how is he behaving?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
(male)

Chat man HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
how is the puppy now? how is he behaving?
Sorry forgotten to mention..

As that puppy was bitting other dogs, people killed that by hitting(I heard so)..

Old 03-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

The only way to confirm rabies is to kill the animal and send the head to be biopsied(brain). If you had rabies, you'd be dead. There is only 1 or 2 cases of anyone EVER surviving rabies and that was with every bit of sophisticated medical care there is. If the dog was killed, then you need to find out if it was autopsied. Usually if rabies is ever suspected, the authorities will step in and make sure anyone touched by the dog will be notified and treated. Just getting the saliva on your skin will kill you if not treated.

If you think there is any possibility the dog was infected, then you need to contact a hospital and have the police check it out. It is not too late to get the injections. But what you had was NOT RABIES. Rabies stops all your muscles from working...like lungs and heart....as it fries your brain.

It probably had distemper and that doesn't affect people.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
(male)

Chat man HB User

Oh.. Thank you.. I'll be back after 11days.. I've exam on 23rd..

Old 03-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

very few people survive having rabies without immediate attention. If you contacted rabies in 2007, you wouldn't be alive today. Plus the chances of that puppy having rabies with it being up to date on it's shots is slim to none. As for what you actually had? Hard to say, maybe a really bad virus or infection?
Are you having any health problems now?

Old 03-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #9
(male)

Chat man HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkochic17 View Post
very few people survive having rabies without immediate attention. If you contacted rabies in 2007, you wouldn't be alive today. Plus the chances of that puppy having rabies with it being up to date on it's shots is slim to none. As for what you actually had? Hard to say, maybe a really bad virus or infection?
Are you having any health problems now?
No.. That's the last fever I had.. NO health problems after that.. Even cough, cold or anything..

And Yeah.. Doctor injected something on the same day and started injecting the vaccination from the next day.. I can scan the copy of the course report(contains dates of all injections) and post here if needed..

Old 03-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

No, I think you caught something completely different that was unrelated. Whatever it is, if you have had no symptoms since you are fine. I wouldn't worry about it anymore.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I hate to do this, but I have to be the voice of discord for a moment. It is possible for rabies to lie dormant within your body for months. But if this whole thing happened in 2007, I think it's safe to say you're fine.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #12
(male)

pjs009 HB User

How's your internet addiction these days? You should definitely post the drug course .. scan it or whatever and post it.

Closed Thread