It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Bad taste in mouth

This has been going on for the last few days, and I'm not sure what to think about it. Initially, I thought it was being caused by drink mix I had been using since I only seemed to get this icky taste in my mouth after drinking it, but I quit drinking the mix and the taste still remains.

The taste is...hard to describe. If you've ever had one of those days where you get up first thing in the morning with a funky taste in your mouth (when alcohol was not involved), that's what this tastes like. Only it lasts *all* day. And I feel like I have mucous running down the back of my throat and I have a slight queasy feeling about me.

The queasiness and the mucous I could deal with since I've had it before, but the bad taste is getting on my nerves; I've been brushing my teeth four or more times a day, eating mints and gum and drinking lots of water to try and get rid of the taste, but it's only a temporary fix, and the taste returns a couple minutes later. Thankfully this does not affect the taste of any food I eat.

What could be causing this? And is there anything I can try to make it stop?

Old 03-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Bad taste in mouth

Maybe try flossing your back molars, it could be a piece of food back there, but I think it's more likely from a sinus infection/post nasal drip. Excess mucus often causes bad breath and taste.

Treatment depends on what's causing the PND. Drink lot's of water and use a humidifier or hot shower to thin out the drip.

Methylated cough drops will stop the taste but effect your ability to taste anything else!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Re: Bad taste in mouth

Thanks for the input, Auntie. I've been told I have some kind of chronic sinus condition that would require surgery to fix...I'm going by what my mother told me that my old doctor told her. It'd explain the occasional PND I get for seemingly no reason.

Hopefully this will go away on its own. I have no access to a doctor for another three or so weeks.

Closed Thread