It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

Jrobaby HB User
Unhappy Stomach ALWAYS growling

My stomach seems to growl all the time at this point, it starts for the most part, after I eat ( anything ) Then will just continue to make noises for HOURS. This is not normal, I can just tell, I should not be able to hear the entire process of my food being digested. Last night after I ate it made noises, for 13 hours straight, I wasnt able to sleep because I was to busy trying to muffle the sound. which is completly embarrassing expecially when your staying the night with your boyfriend. WHAT could be causing this?

Last edited by Jrobaby; 03-14-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: Stomach ALWAYS growling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrobaby View Post
My stomach seems to growl all the time at this point, it starts for the most part, after I eat ( anything ) Then will just continue to make noises for HOURS. This is not normal, I can just tell, I should not be able to hear the entire process of my food being digested. Last night after I ate it made noises, for 13 hours straight, I wasnt able to sleep because I was to busy trying to muffle the sound. which is completly embarrassing expecially when your staying the night with your boyfriend. WHAT could be causing this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User

This may be the opposite,but this is my routine when my stomach growls,and I don't want to eat right away,I will drink a glass of water,and this will delay any
growling.A glass of water for me is about 12 swallows.I use this count for my daily Atenolal, Paxil, Coumadin,and Meclazine meds. Good luck. Bill

Old 03-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
(male)

greengrass HB User

I can imagine the embarrassment, my sis had the same problem at home wasn't the problem it was when she was at work. The last straw was when she was in a meeting and off it went she was so embarrassed she left the room.

She started with those yoghurt things probiotics, healthy balance and stuff. It helped a little but not enough, so she went to a health clinic and had the colon cleansing thing twice over two months. She was a new woman, grumbling gone and a new found energy!!!

She said she could understand why women get addicted to it for the way it makes you feel afterwards.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #5
(female)

Jrobaby HB User

Thanks everyone! By the way, whats colon cleansing? Ive never heard of that...

Old 03-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

Jessica...........I can understand your embarrassment--I occasionally get that and it's always at the most inopportune moments! I am wondering if it's WHAT your eating. Do you have an intolerance for milk products (lactose intolerant)? Does it occur more often after you've eaten products with gluten, such as breads, pasta, or items containing wheat flour? My advice would be to make a food diary and see if you can find a pattern of cause and effect. This will give your doctor an idea of where to start if you need to be checked out. I hope you can solve this mystery quickly!
Soibhan

Old 03-15-2009, 06:50 AM   #7
(male)

greengrass HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrobaby View Post
Thanks everyone! By the way, whats colon cleansing? Ive never heard of that...
Its a Colonic Irrigation or Colonic Hydrotherapy, they flush your colons out with water. My sis was suprised by the results she started to watch what she ate, she did some of what Soibhan says cut out some milk product etc. Her energy levels went up her weight went down, she is forever telling me she can fit in her favourite jeans.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
(female)

blackmoon HB User

Probiotics will most likely help your stomach stop making all those loud digestion noises. Remember to drink lots of water it helps. Also I've found if my stomach is growling (like I'm hungry) and I'm in a public place I flex my upper stomach muscles (kind of like you are sucking in your stomach) it usually helps control the sound until I can get something to eat.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

nscrbug HB User

I was having the same stomach gurgling/churning problem. In addition to starting myself on a good probiotic, I also take a digestive enzyme at every meal to help aid in the digestion of food. Lots of people have a hard time digesting certain carbs (like wheat/gluten) and sugars (like lactose & fructose)...so the enzymes help with that. I would start keeping track of what you eat to try and pinpoint which trigger foods cause you the most stomach distress...and then eliminate those foods from your diet.

Closed Thread