It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
(female)

singlemamma HB User
Sick of being sick, nausea and tiredness

So for about 2 weeks now I have some extreme nausea and tiredness. The nausea is most when I first wake up and subsides with or without eating. Some days the smell of anything makes me ill and sometimes it doesn't so I eat. Also extremely tired I can't get enough sleep.

I'm not pregnant I have had my period actually during this and I also have an IUD.

No new meds, there is nothing I can think of that is causing this. It isn't quite enough to go to the doctor I don't think since it isn't lasting all day and the tiredness is annoying but not really something the doctor looks at and says hmmm you have this. I'm just looking for ideas I think and if it is something worth investigating or waiting a bit longer.

ETA: Also have loss of concentration and a spacy feeling but I am assuming that is more to do with being exhausted than anything else????

Thanks

Last edited by singlemamma; 03-16-2009 at 06:13 AM. Reason: ETA more info

Old 03-17-2009, 02:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Sick of being sick, nausea and tiredness

Maybe sleep apnea? Morning nausea, exhaustion, brain fog - can all be signs of sleep apnea. (also AM headache, dry throat and sinus problems) One type of apnea can be silent, with no snoring, it's called central sleep apnea.

[url]http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/SleepApnea/SleepApnea_WhatIs.html[/url]

Any change in sleeping habits two weeks ago? New room, mattress, pillow, etc? Any allergies?

Last edited by AuntieLeela; 03-17-2009 at 02:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2009, 03:00 AM   #3
(female)

singlemamma HB User

Wow, thanks. I didn't think of that.

There was a few changes in sleep habits but they were very minor and didn't seem to inhibit my sleep so I didn't think of it and I do have allergies and have always had sinus issues. I've always had headache issues too but I'll have to pay more attention to the frequency in the am then.

I don't snore unless I've got a really bad cold but sleep apnea seems to run in my family.

Hmmmm maybe it is worth seeing the doctor over afterall.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
(female)

singlemamma HB User

Well I had a new symptom today YUCK!!

I sort of blacked out. Like when you stand up too fast and you get really dizzy and everything goes black... I did that but I was sitting at my desk and hadn't gotten up or anything let alone too fast. It took a good 20 mins of sitting there until the spins stopped. I really thought I was going to pass out, at one point I sort of had to move my head a bit to sort of shake out that omg I'm going to pass out this very second feeling and I really thought I was going to.

I had more energy today but now I'm exhausted absolutely exhausted and I am a little queasy (sp?).

Old 03-24-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
(female)

Mama CJ HB User
Red face Re: Sick of being sick, nausea and tiredness

I would love to know what you've found out since your last post! I am online with the same symptoms--and I also get the nearly blacking out thing on occassion (even before the nausea set in). Interestingly, I also have an IUD, which makes me wonder if it could be hormone related... Mine is Mirena.

Thanks in advance for your update. I certainly hope you are feeling better!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:20 AM   #6
(female)

singlemamma HB User

Mama CJ, mine is Mirena too... hmmm... I've had it for 2 years now though.

It seemed to go away so I never went to the doc but it seems to have come back now again. I also have been getting very very slight fevers on and off. I'm not sure what is up with that.

I'm exhausted yet I can't sleep well either this week.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:59 AM   #7
(female)

Mama CJ HB User

Hmm, that is odd. That's about how long I've had my Mirena too. I actually feel better today--I'm not nauseous or overly tired. I never took my temp, but I think I had a slight fever as well...

I have a DR's appt. next month (regular physical with my PCP)--I'll certainly ask her about this and let you know what she says.

If you learn or experience anything in the meantime, let me know. I'm curious if our similar symptoms were just a fluke, or somehow related.

CJ

Old 03-26-2009, 05:05 AM   #8
(female)

singlemamma HB User

I will, if you would do the same for me. So you have an appointment tomorrow?

BTW do you mind sharing your age... maybe that's related too, I am just about to turn 31 next month.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:13 AM   #9
(female)

Mama CJ HB User

Absolutely, I'll stay in touch--my appointment is in April though, not tomorrow. If things get bad again, I'll probably go sooner, but I hope I continue to feel well.

I turned 32 in February--so oddly again we are of similar age ;-)

Well stay in touch, and I hope you feel well!!!

Old 02-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
(female)

Grammie02 HB User

Hi Ladies,
My daughter had an IUD and she had all the symtoms you girls are having.. she took hers out and she feels fine now.. It was her IUD causing all her problems..

Old 02-17-2010, 05:24 AM   #11
(female)

singlemamma HB User

Mine came out and then I got pg right away but had a m/c

Finally starting to feel loads better. It was taken out in October.

Closed Thread