Was it Asbestos?
Hey guys, New member =]
I'm a bit of a hypercondriac and get anxious over the smallest things.
Today, I was at school (old building), doing some work, when I notice some peculiar grey stuff on the desk. It looks a bit like the inside of cardboard (fluffy grey with short millimetre fibres). I compressed it against the desk with my finger and it turned to powder without any resistance. At this point I immediately thought "hey it could be asbestos". I brushed it aside and continued to work, however now I'm concerned I have potentially inhaled asbestos and am now at a large risk of developing stuff like mesothelioma 50 years down the road. Note, there were some holes in the roof that it could have come from =S
Does what I described sound like asbestos? and if so, what are the risks of crushing it up and sitting with it for about an hour or so.
Many Thanks =]