It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
(male)

Eibach HB User
Weird Pressure behind left eye / temple

Hey I am a 21 year old student, I recently moved away from home. I have been having anxiety about my health. I sometimes get pains that there is no explanation for. Recently i have had this pain behind my left eye / temple. I have been getting headaches for about 4 years now and i think i have tmj which im not sure that this is related because iv never had this pain before. I do take muscle relaxants and night which seem to help the headaches. I think it is sensitive to light but im not sure because it still hurts when i get into bed and it is completely dark. Is there any reason to be concerned or should this go away on its own? It has only been going on for a few days (2-3) thanks

I also sit in front of the computer every day on average probably 6hrs a day this quarter. I am a computer science major and i also have an internship programming 15 hrs a week.

There wasnt much of an onset i just woke up one day and it felt weird.

Do i need glasses? my vision doesn't seem to be impaired at all. I don't seem to have trouble reading or anything. so i personally don't think so but let me know what you guys think. thanks

A couple weeks ago i had a pain in my groin area and i went to a couple doctors and they couldnt tell me exactly what was wrong. I had quite a bit of anxiety during that time and I started to go see a psychiatrist to help with the anxitiety and it slowly started to go away. along with the pain. When the pain went away about 2 weeks later this eye pain started. Could it all just be in my head sense maybe the other pain was? this is really weird.

Last edited by Eibach; 04-20-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2009, 03:05 AM   #2
(female)

luvcows HB User
Re: Weird Pressure behind left eye / temple

Eibach...It could be a migraine,it could be stress,it could be the sitting in front of a computer and causing astrain on the spine and neck. Try a neurologist. He or she can at least rule out things for you and even if hopefully it is nothing, you will sleep better because you at least will know.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
(female)

magpie1970 HB User
Re: Weird Pressure behind left eye / temple

I agree....I think it's migraine that you have. I have suffered with them for over 25 years and they stink!! The pain is usually behind one eye/temple/side of head and I usually get a runny nose and a sensitivity to light.

Talk to your doc about these headaches because they can be very debilitating.

Closed Thread