It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
(male)

HoldingMyHeadHi HB User
Exclamation I am 20 years old, recently diagnosed with cancer, no money, no insurance, no help.

I need help. I am 20(turning 21 tomorrow). I was diagnosed in July 2008. I am not employed because of my health or else I would be. I have no way to pay for my treatment costs. I dont speak to my parents because of some issues there. I have no resources to help with anything. I am in a very bad way right now and I cant seem to find help anywhere. I have tried the merican Cancer Society or Cancer Treatment Centers of America but they keep giving me a run around.

Please, can anyone help me? What do i do??

Old 05-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
(female)

KristaK HB User
Re: I am 20 years old, recently diagnosed with cancer, no money, no insurance, no hel

You should really try going to St.Judes. or try anything. Your not alone.
Hospitals CANNOT, by law turn anyone down because of their inability to pay.
So trust me, no matter what. They can't turn you down.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: I am 20 years old, recently diagnosed with cancer, no money, no insurance, no hel

I am so sorry to hear of your cancer diagnoses. You are not alone in the fight and you should not have to fight this alone. No one should be refused help. I also heard that by law you can not be refused help. Leave no stone unturned. Go ever where you can to get medical help. Time is important. I would also try St Jude. Good call on that one. I do pray you can mend fences with your family members. Now is not the time to not be in good standing with your family. You all need each other. Good luck and God bless!

Old 05-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
(female)

croppingmom HB User

Check with MD Anderson in Houston Tx they also have what is called the cancer network which is a phone hotline that puts you in contact with people with the same type of cancer for support. You also will meet with a social worker who will help you. Everyone of all walks of life and social economic status meets with the social worker it is part of there process.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
(female)

LadyPanther HB User

What kind of cancer do you have? I am so sorry to hear and will keep you in my prayers {hugs}

Old 05-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
(female)

Kay3282 HB User

Every state offer's health insurance and foods stamps for people who are low income, you may to go that route for now. The stae insurance pays of eveything, because your ill, you may even be able to qualify for SSI. It's out there, you just need to go down, talk to a social worker and they will help you. May sure you to have a medical statement from your doctor stating your illness, You will also need a birth certificate and your SSI card.
karen

Closed Thread