It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2009, 03:07 AM   #1
(female)

bossiestboots HB User
Recurring stomach bug, can't get rid of it!!

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. I've always been prone to a weak stomach and suffer from diarrhoea quite regularly anyway, but lately I seem to keep getting a certain bug when I'm run down or stressed in work (or after a few too many late nights!). Anyway, the symptoms started with nausea, I vomited once and I've had diarrhoea at least once a day for the past 3 days. Last night I was kept awake with acid in my stomach and a lot of irritating gas. I also always have a pulse in my stomach so it's almost throbbing. I've had this bug once before recently and it lasted approx 5 days - I don't know how to finally shake it off. Any advice appreciated, ps I'm watching what I eat so I'm certain it's not food related. Thanks!

Old 05-15-2009, 02:14 AM   #2
(male)

tugby HB User
Re: Recurring stomach bug, can't get rid of it!!

This sounds identical to what I have minus the vomiting. I've had it for about 2 weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

Of course you should probably try to eat a non-fat, soft, non-spicy diet until you can see a doctor. You may have acid reflux, but you may also have gall bladder disease. Both have similar symptoms and it take a few tests to determine the cause. Make an appointment with your doctor. Most of these problems are quite treatable and you'll feel SO much better once you're on the road to recovery. Get better soon!
Soibhan

Old 05-22-2009, 03:25 AM   #4
(female)

saratron HB User

have you been tested for H PYLORI? a stomach bacteria.

Closed Thread

Tags
acid reflux, bug, diarrhea, gastro, stomach