It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
(male)

azerothian HB User
Can't always taste food - taste buds dead?

I can't recall how long this has been going on, maybe 1-2 months? I finally decided to post because I don't know what is wrong.

I haven't been able to taste food very well or not at all. I also have had no "after" taste after eating food.

Last night I made some beef and tasted it for a second or two in my mouth, then the taste was gone. I dumped Tabasco sauce all over it and there really was no taste. The other day I had a bowl of rice and I literally put like 8 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce on it and I could not taste it. That stuff is salty as heck...

Today I went out for pizza with the boys and had 3 slices of fresh pepperoni bacon. The only thing I could taste was the crust, that's it.

I just drank a class of orange juice and I can only taste it for a few seconds, no after taste.

I am not sick, so I don't know whats wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Can't always taste food - taste buds dead?

See your doc. Loss of taste can be related to brain problems. How is your sense of smell? Is that gone too? The nerves for both these functions come from the brain and you need to be evaluated. Taste buds don't die but nerves do and that is not good.

Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #3
(male)

azerothian HB User

thank you for your post Jenny although it makes me paranoid, I am glad I got an answer.

My sense of smell though is fine.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
(female)

sunny1717 HB User

Hi there,

My sister is loosing her taste buds too. can you please give me an update about your issue of loss of taste? I hope you are well.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
(male)

azerothian HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1717 View Post
Hi there,

My sister is loosing her taste buds too. can you please give me an update about your issue of loss of taste? I hope you are well.
Hi sunny.

I did not have cold, but it might have been an infection. I didn't take any medication (I don't usually take medication for anything). It only lasted for maybe for a few more weeks after the month or so. Then everything went back to normal.

If your sister is very worried I would check with your doctor. It may been an infection and she can get some medication. Otherwise, give it a few more weeks.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:26 AM   #6
(female)

sunny1717 HB User

Thanks very much.. hers has been a few months already, now she has a MRI next week to see what is going on.
I am glad you are back to normal. Take care..

Closed Thread