It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
Worried about a bug bite

3 or 4 days ago I was bit by a bug on my collarbone. The bite is still just as big if not bigger, but that may be from me constantly scratching it. It's hard not to - it itches worse then a misquito bite. I'm a little worried though...I had dried blood around the bite and there are two small holes on it. It happened when I was near a lake fishing. Should I see a dr about this. I'm in Ohio I don't know what kinds of dangerous bugs are here.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User
Re: Worried about a bug bite

I'm not familiar with all bug bites, the one thing i know for sure is that you can get an infection from a bite.You should make sure that there is no swelling, with a pen draw a mark around the bite if you notice that the swelling is passing the line or that the area is red and hotter than the rest of your body then you should definately see a doctor.
If you do not develop these symptoms but you do have other ones that worry you then you should go see your pharmacist and he may be able to tell you if you need to see a doctor. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
(female)

Helenitta HB User

oh?? if it goes red then it's serious???
an insect bit me too last week... on my left hand. It went red and was even swollen... i kept itching for few hours, put ice so I could sleep cuz yes, it was HOT!
but then it got better n now almost gone.
do I still have to worry?
why can't we live in an insects-free world/???????? i didnt even see the insect that bit me :-s

Old 05-28-2009, 04:55 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User

No, you don't have to worry because it is gone. Itching and scratching will always make a bite bug worse. Sometimes though you can have a reaction to the bite and if it is red and swollen that can be the peak of the reaction and then it slows down and goes away.
For the next time you should take benadryl if necessary, it helps. Ironically the same thing happened to my uncle last week he got a bite on his left hand and had the same reaction as you, it did eventually go away.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
(female)

Helenitta HB User

thank you for the reply
mom said the same but I keep thinking about it lol
I've heard of Benadryl and will definitely keep it in mind next time (hope there won't be any )
thanks again!

Closed Thread