It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
(female)

jomik HB User
Dizziness and nausea when waking up in the morning

I am very dizzy and light headed when I wake up in the morning and once I sit up I am nauseated. My back and neck are very tight and sometime I have a slight headache. This lasts from a few hours to all day long, sometimes the nausea is really bad other time just a little. If I take 2 ibuprofen the symptoms subside but don't totally go away. This started a few months ago (not as severe) and went away but for the last 4-5 days it has come back and seems worse; the second day I thought I was going to pass out and I felt really bad most of the day. I still went to work but it was hard to concentrate and I stayed at my desk all day because I was so dizzy. Yesterday I felt much better but I was still dizzy and slightly nauseated and my back and neck were still somewhat tight. Today I took 2 ibuprofen as soon as I woke up (I was feeling slightly dizzy) and I feel pretty good right now; my back is still slightly tight and I feel slightly light headed. My neck has popped several time and is not tight.
I am 52, female, generally healthy and have never had any serious illnesses or accidents.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Dizziness and nausea when waking up in the morning

Have you had your hormones checked? This is exactly how I feel going through perimenopause. I am taking bioidentical hormones. It helps but to be honest I still suffer. I am under extreme stress right now. We are packing up our house to move out. We are losing it to foreclosure. I wake up with dizziness, shakiness, sore neck and back ...and I also grind my teeth in my sleep. For me it is stress and perimenopause. Those are my two thoughts for you. There may be other reasons. But I just thought I would throw that out there for you.

All the best!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
(female)

jomik HB User
Re: Dizziness and nausea when waking up in the morning

Sorry to hear about your house; that sucks.
Thanks for your advise; I hadn't thought that. I work for a government agency and right now I am deployed away from my home, I plan to see a doctor once I go back home but that won't be for a month or so (I hope). I am thinking about trying to sleep sitting up in my bed and see if that helps (if I can sleep that way). I dread going to sleep because I know I will feel dizzy ad stiff when I awake.

Closed Thread