It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
(male)

problem12345678 HB User
Possible malaria?

does england have maleria, i was recently playing football on the local field. i got bitten by something at first it was a small red dot, in between 2 fingers. now half of my hand is red and the two fingers are starting to get painful and very stiff to move. i been to doctors and have got some anti biotics which i will collect tommorow. however i was reading maleria is on the up rise, and as i am getting ver tired and muscles ake whichh are signs and symptoms of maleria.. should i go back to see a different doctor tommorow??

Old 08-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Possible malaria?

Chances are you have an infection from whatever bit you....but not malaria. Malaria is only carried by a certain type pf mosquito that I don't thinks goes as far north as England. It is mainly equatorial....don't think England qualifies. Also the symptoms are more localized and that signals infection in your fingers spreading into your body. Malaria doesn't have those immediate localized symptoms. And the incubation period for malaria is 10-35 days so if this came up right away...it isn't malaria.

Are you sure it was an insect bite or could you have nicked your hand on something on the ground? Either way, it sounds like an infection and if you start to run a fever, go to the Emergency Room as it could be worse than malaria if the infection spreads to your body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread