It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #1
(female)

luvdgs HB User
abdominal pain-adhesions?

I've had four abdominal surgeries, last one in 1994. I must have a lot of adhesions.

I was at the kitchen sink when I leaned on the cabinet and jumped back due to lower left abdominal pain upon contact. I hand pressed the area and was surprised to feel the amount of tenderness/pain there.

Following the last surgery, I started wearing an umbilical binder as per my surgeon. I only wear it when I feel muscle spasms. I decided to wear it to see if it would help stomach not feel so distended...'heavy' for lack of a better word. It did help a bit.

I've been a bit nauseated for several days but attributed it to sinus drainage. Now I think it's related to the ab pain. I have diverticular disease and it also can cause pain in that area but I was under the impression that the pain would be a steady thing, not only when the ab is pressed.

Anyone here with this this kind of pain experience? I would appreciate a reply.

Thank you,

Closed Thread