It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User
Clear Polish for chigger bites?

Has anyone ever heard of putting clear fingernail polish on chigger bites? Someone at work told me to do that, but, I don't know. Does it work? If not, what takes the redness out? Do chiggers usually bite more than once at a time> I have never had them before so I don't know what to do for it. Doesn't really itch, but I have two of them together and it doesn't look to pretty! ha ha!

Old 08-28-2009, 09:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User
Re: Clear Polish for chigger bites?

How do I know the difference between chigger and mosquito bites?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Chigger bites are generally in the creases of your legs and arms though they can bite elsewhere. And you never see them. They are very prevalent in the south and yes, we all use clear nail polish on them.

For mosquito bites, use ammonia (yes, regular old sudsy ammonia that you use to clean with.)

Old 08-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User

Hubby says he doesn't think its chiggers and he thinks they are too big to be mosquitos..ok, now I have these 2 red bumps between my rist and the inside of my elbow so if I flip my arm over..there they are. That have itched a little. I remember that it started out as 2 flesh colored small bumps. Almost like I just scratched my skin and histamines were released and there were two fleshy/white bumps that grew into large red bumps now. Hubby mentioned spider bites, but again...2 of them?? So I really don't know how to treat this because I don't know what they are and insurance hasn't kicked in yet so going to a Dermatolist is out. Any suggestions?

Old 08-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Take some benedryl and try the ammonia if they start really itching. If they were chigger bites, they would itch like crazy. Other bites, not so much. You can try a cortizone cream also on them if they are just slightly itchy.

Closed Thread