It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2009, 02:46 AM   #1
(male)

user1111 HB User
Continuous clearing of bowels in a day

I cleared my bowels for the 5th time today. Is this normal? Should i consult a doctor? It's not the watery kind like diarrhea.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Continuous clearing of bowels in a day

Much will depend on how much and what kind of food you ate yesterday.

I assume you did not take anything to flush your colon.

If you are not sick in any other way, this is your body's way to keep the bowels functioning.

Three times a day is normal for many people, usually after meals. If stools are small pencil size, etc. you could have IBS.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Hyperthyroidism can cause that; but it causes multiple symptoms at a time, not just one. Anything else going on that isn't normal for you? Fast heart rate, anxiety, hand tremor, throat 'fullness', extreme appetite, weight loss?

Old 10-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Wow! Funny that I should find your post. I was just thinking the same thing about me. It is not unusual for me to go number 2 between 5 and 8 times a day. I do have IBS but even on a normal day like today. Normal stools. I went 5 times. I had a workup with my digestive track recently where they took stool samples and saliva and found nothing wrong. They said I had a better than usual digestive track system with all the good flora's etc. I was suprised because I have had trouble with acid reflux and diarrhea junk over the last year. Thats why they were checking. But things came back great. I just go alot because I am nervous or anxious and I head in a go. Gosh, I hope we are ok for that. It is rare for me not to go a few times a day. So don't worry. You might be like me and go alot. I would rather be that way than not go for days. That fecal matter can be toxic to you body.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

user.. I'm assuming this is NOT normal for you otherwise you wouldn't be posting? Or is that every day. If it just lasts for a day or two it's probably just something you ate, maybe you were a bit constipated and didn't know and ate a bunch of fiber and now it's all catching up with you.. or there was some bad bacteria in something you ate. I wouldn't worry about it either way unless it lasts for a long period.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I agree that this can be normal, but get it checked out if it continues for a long time. Just be sure to continue eating a healthy diet and drinking plenty of fluids. I saw a friend of mine mentioned that they hit a record of "7 times a day" so I assume it's normal to have this happen occasionally. Certain foods may pass through faster than others. If it was diarrhea (I know you said it was not in this case), then it's common to have it many times during the day. As mentioned in a previous post, I agree that if you hadn't gone as much recently, your body may almost be "catching up" and more waste is passing through now.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
(male)

kieran83 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
Hyperthyroidism can cause that; but it causes multiple symptoms at a time, not just one. Anything else going on that isn't normal for you? Fast heart rate, anxiety, hand tremor, throat 'fullness', extreme appetite, weight loss?
Hi,hope no one minds me asking in this topic,but after reading what you put i think it may help me in ways,for 2 years i have had a problem where i keep getting the urge to pass urine,i have had many tests but all came back clear but recently as in like the last 6 months i have been going number 2 a bit more then normal for me and it seems more slushy but not like diarrhea,but i have noticed when i do go it seems to help my urge to pass urine,but i have other symptoms along with that which is cold hands and i can see my heart beat in my chest but i have had tests for that and came back clear and was put down to stress and anxiety,so i was wondering what could be causing me to have the frequent urge to pass urine for the last 2 years and doctors.hospital not know why??,thank you so much.

Closed Thread