It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
(female)

Subaru96 HB User
Back & Neck Pain

A few years ago I noticed I had a lump on my upper back towards my left shoulder when I was working (night stock) it would begin to hurt and cause intense pain to my neck and the area surrounding the lump. It eventually went away and I thought nothing of it. But now 3 years later I am back doing the same type of job and have noticed the lump has returned with the same amount of pain. At times it feels like that section of my back & neck are burning on fire. When I am able to relax the pain is there but subsiding and the are just itches.

I have no idea what it could be but it seems this time the pain is more intense. And it wasn't even an issue until I began working again. Since I've just recently started working I have no insurance and really no funds to see a Dr but am concerned that maybe this is something that should be checked out, anyone have any idea as to what is going on? Why was it present years ago, only to disappear and not be a problem until now?

Thank you for any insight.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Back & Neck Pain

My husband had something like that in the arch of his foot after working on his feet all day. It would go down when off his feet but itched like mad. While on vacation, it would go away as he was off his feet a lot more.

It turned out to be the "belly" of a muscle that was in spasm so badly that it swelled up into this hard lump. The spasm had caused the blood to pool in the muscle "belly" so it actually throbbed and at one point, it was thought to be an aneurysm. Took an orthopedist to finally figure it out.

He was advised to put heat on it to try to relax the rest of the muscle and if that hurt too much, try ice first to reduce swelling and then try heat. The other thing he had him do was to take vitamin E. Don't know why but it worked.

Just my experience with something similar.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread