It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

calientepocket HB User
Any clue?

Here's just a brief run-down of my current issues:

It started with this: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=707712&page=4

Well I got an MRI and the radiologist noted some swollen lymph nodes in my chest. I then did a CT scan of my chest which showed several swollen lymph nodes around my lungs and they also noticed a spot on my liver. Another CT scan was done of my abdomen where more enlarged lymph nodes were found and the spot on my liver was determined to probably not be a hemangioma as my doc had previously speculated. I had a biopsy scheduled but my doc decided that before I have any invasive procedures done that they (several radiologists, a pulmonary doctor and a oncologist have all reviewed my previous scans with no determination on what it is) think I should have a PET scan. That is scheduled for tomorrow and I am supposed to have a follow up with a oncologist 3 days later. All of my blood results have come back normal other than low potassium. I am wondering if anyone has had anything similar or has any idea what is going on. I have been consistently going to tests and scans and labs for the past 3 months and still no answers. All my doctor has told me is to not stress (ha! try sleeping when you keep thinking/dreaming about whats wrong with your insides!) and that this could be anything from a benign cyst, to an infection, or even cancer! I am remaining fairly positive since all my blood results have been normal but its still hard not to think about all of the things it could be. Thanks for any advice/insight.

peace!
megan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread